Global Counsel in Construction Disputes
Recognized by Chambers USA and the U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms as a leading construction law firm, Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial is considered a “go-to” firm for clients with significant engineering and construction projects, litigation or disputes.
Owners, general contractors, EPC contractors, architects, engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, sureties and insurers trust our attorneys with all aspects of their construction related concerns including, contract drafting and negotiation, procurement advice, bid disputes and protests, non-insured commercial contract disputes, claims and requests for equitable adjustment, insurance coverage, construction defects and losses, including bodily injury and property damage cases.
The firm has unmatched experience in both arbitrating and litigating construction cases for national and international clients across a wide variety of projects and industries, including, but not limited to:
National and International Reach
Attorneys in our Construction Litigation Practice Group provide counsel in federal and state courts across the U.S. and have successfully litigated or arbitrated matters in all 50 states, Washington, D.C., Canada, Puerto Rico, the Bahamas and the Virgin Islands. The Construction Litigation Practice has handled international cases in the Russian Federation, Australia, Malaysia, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, Egypt, Mexico, the UAE and throughout the Caribbean. Our attorneys routinely appear as advocates and arbitrators in both domestic U.S. and international proceedings administered by:
- The American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- The International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution (CPR)
- The International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR)
- The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- The London Court of International Arbitrators (LCIA)
Recent Construction Litigation Cases
- Represented design professionals in a $500 million claim involving the Central Artery Tunnel Project (the “Big Dig”) in Boston.
- Secured a $74 million settlement on behalf of a large public utility in a suit against a supplier of gas-fired combustion turbines.
- Successfully prosecuted a $70 million claim involving negligent construction and design of a luxury hotel in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Successfully defended an engineering firm in 40-day arbitration involving a $70 million claim about the Cooper River Bridge in Charleston, South Carolina.
- Represented supplier of cableway crane system in a case involving a $70 million claim.
- Represented the architect, structural engineer and mechanical engineer in a $67 million claim by the general contractor involving the historic restoration and renovation of a courthouse.
- Represented the construction manager in a $60 million False Claims Act case.
- Secured a $50 million settlement on behalf of an international independent power producer in litigation against a major equipment supplier for two UK power projects.
- Secured a $34 million settlement on behalf of a global engineering and construction company in multi-state litigation against a global packaging company.
- Secured a $30 million arbitration award on behalf of the general contractor on the Liberty Place mixed-use project in Philadelphia.
- Secured a $29 million jury verdict and judgment against a mechanical subcontractor and its surety on a large hospital project in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Successfully negotiated a $24 million settlement on behalf of a large metropolitan sewerage district against a national engineering firm.
- Secured an $8.7 million arbitration award for a terminated contractor on a large hospital project in Los Angeles.
- Secured a multi-million dollar verdict and defeated a multi-million dollar counterclaim on behalf of general contractor in connection with construction of cruise ship piers.
- Awarded summary judgment on behalf of professional engineer in connection with $9 million property damage claim arising from design of storm water detention vault.
- Houston Chronicle
- Absent Action Within 60 Days, Georgia Statutory Lien Waiver Destroys Both Lien and Contract Causes of Action
- Best Lawyers
- Nevada Business Magazine
- Alabama Construction News
- Construction Executive
- Construction Executive
- Orlando Sentinel
- Atlanta Business Chronicle
- Birmingham Business Journal
- Construction Executive
- Lateral Partner Jonathan Head Leads Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial's Expansion Into Birmingham
- The American Journal of Construction Arbitration & ADR
- Partners Lee Roberts and Tony Smith Named 2018 “Lawyer of the Year” by The Best Lawyers in America ©
- June 6, 2016
- Chambers USA: Guide to Americas Leading Business Lawyers
- Atlanta, GA, March 22, 2018
- Atlanta, GA, March 23, 2017
- Jeremy Alberts
- Brannon Arnold
- Colby Balkenbush
- Cindy Bonilla
- William Buhay
- Ross Bundschuh
- Jessica Burns
- Aaron Cohn
- Nancy Cook
- Henry DeBardeleben IV
- David Dial
- Ross Ginsberg
- Steven Gonzalez
- Ryan Gormley
- George Green, Jr.
- Julie Hall
- John Hawkins
- Jonathan Head
- Michael Hornreich
- Harold Lang, III
- David Larson
- Matthew Marrone
- David Matthews
- Joseph Minock
- Niki Namazi
- M. Dean Norris
- Nick Panayotopoulos
- Michael Paupeck
- Stephen Rapp
- D. Lee Roberts Jr.
- Melissa Roque
- Howard Russell
- Ryan Saldanha
- Ronald Schirtzer
- George Anthony Smith
- Kate Spinelli
- Joshua Swiger
- Amber Tuggle
- Stephen Walsh
- John Walter
- Jonathan Winn
- Scott Witzigreuter