Business Litigators for Complex Cases
When corporate clients nationwide face multi-million or even billion dollar complex commercial disputes, the Commercial Litigation Practice Group of Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial steps forward to help minimize risk and achieve favorable outcomes. Our team prosecutes and defends claims on behalf of major corporations and business entities of various sizes in a host of industries in trial and appellate courts across the country and in arbitration in cases involving difficult and complicated business matters. Our exemplary record of success in high-stakes commercial disputes reflects our ability to manage and try complex cases and to provide sophisticated counsel and advice to companies.
Our Commercial Litigation attorneys are zealous trial lawyers who are skilled in providing efficient and cost-effective representation. We employ rigorous case evaluation to determine strategies best suited for the particular matter. We are also proactive in providing advice on how to avoid unwanted litigation. We are innovators in approaches to alternative billing arrangements including fixed and hybrid fees.
WWHGD has extensive business litigation experience in the following core areas:
- Banking and corporate finance
- Business torts
- Class Actions
- Commercial real estate disputes
- Consumer law
- Corporate and partnership dissolutions
- Contract disputes
- Deceptive trade practices and unfair competition
- Franchising and licensing
- Intellectual property and trade secrets
- Non-competition covenants
- Professional malpractice
- Regulation of business entities
Recent Commercial Litigation Cases
- Retained as lead counsel 6 weeks prior to trial in certified class action in which over $1 billion was at stake.
- Defended Fortune 500 company in breach of contract commercial dispute with over $1 billion at risk.
- Selected as National Coordinating Counsel for multi-national manufacturers and other corporations.
- Successfully defended international premium-value added packaging manufacturer in trade secrets case.
- Litigated numerous disputes over millions and tens of millions related to contract termination damages.
- Defended public company board members in disputes over breach of fiduciary duty and compensation issues.
- After 13 years of highly contested litigation where plaintiff sought $80 million in damages, settled an anti-trust and tortious interference case for less than seven figures.
- Represented commercial banks in disputes of participation agreements.
- Assisted in trademark enforcement matters for professional sports teams and leagues.
- Defended software company in federal litigation relating to terminating contract licensing over computer software.
- La Voz, October 2018
- Orlando Sentinel, October 1, 2018
- Realtor.com, September 24, 2018
- Lateral Partner Jonathan Head Leads Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial's Expansion Into Birmingham
- Legal Alert: U.S. Supreme Court Continues to Limit State Court Jurisdiction Over Out-of-State CorporationsJune 26, 2017
- Jennifer Adler
- Brannon Arnold
- Cindy Bonilla
- William Buhay
- Lawrence Burkhalter
- Jessica Burns
- David Dial
- Jonathan Friedman
- Ross Ginsberg
- Matthew Gomes
- Steven Gonzalez
- Ryan Gormley
- John Hawkins
- Jonathan Head
- Michael Hornreich
- Matthew Kramer
- Johnathan Krawcheck
- Daniela LaBounty
- David Larson
- Brittany Llewellyn
- David Matthews
- P. Shane O'Neill
- Nick Panayotopoulos
- Michael Paupeck
- Emily Quan
- Stephen Rapp
- Marisa Rodriguez
- Howard Russell
- Ryan Saldanha
- Ronald Schirtzer
- Adam Sinton
- Gary Toman
- Scott Witzigreuter
- Clare Zhang