Nursing Home and Long-Term Care Litigation
When faced with allegations of abuse, neglect, injury, wrongful death or regulatory violations, leaders in the post-acute and long-term care industry—including nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities and rehabilitation centers, among others—look to WWHGD to provide sophisticated representation and a vigorous defense. Our experienced team of litigators has a keen understanding of this highly regulated industry and how those regulations can often be misapplied in post-acute and long-term care litigation. We understand these allegations are significant and often threaten a company's financial health and reputation, in addition to being disruptive to staff and distracting to management.
WWHGD attorneys are experienced in all of the types of claims that arise in this industry. We provide prompt investigation, claims evaluation and effective resolution, whether through settlement, arbitration or litigation. With cases throughout the country, our team of lawyers, nurse consultants and paralegals provide valuable counsel, medical insight, litigation experience and perspective to the process.
Select Representative Experience
- Currently defending national senior living communities and service provider and its Georgia facilities against allegations of abuse and neglect.
- Currently defending national rehabilitation hospital provider against various claims of negligence, neglect and malpractice.
- Successfully represented national nursing association in case where nursing home resident developed and ultimately died from toxemia related to bed sores.
- Represented health care center in defense of resident who caught on fire while on the facility's smoking patio.
- Favorably settled case on behalf of nursing center when a resident was allegedly attacked by his roommate.
- Obtained dismissal on behalf of nursing home center where Plaintiff claimed that the Defendant faculty failed to take whatever actions were necessary to preserve life, yet deceased had signed a "Do Not Resuscitate" request.
- Favorably settled case below total amount of special damages on behalf of nursing home in case involving the wrongful death of a post-operative hip replacement patient who allegedly died as a result of a MRSA infection contracted while in the nursing home recovering from surgery.
- Successfully settled several cases on behalf of a nursing home in Tennessee where the nursing director was arrested for running a methamphetamine lab in the basement of the home.
- Obtained defense award after prevailing on contested Motion to Compel Arbitration on behalf of nursing home involving the wrongful death of a 68-year old post-operative hip fracture patient who died allegedly as a result of an undiagnosed pulmonary embolism six days after her admission to the facility.
Related Nursing Home and Long-Term Care Facility Claims Experience
- Decubitus ulcers
- Failure to diagnose / treat
- Fall-related injuries
- Inadequate staffing
- Injury during physical therapy
- Medication overdose
- Regulatory violations
- Slip and falls
- Jeremy Alberts
- Brannon Arnold
- Shannon Barrow
- Nicole Bigman
- Lawrence Burkhalter
- Aaron Cohn
- Kristin Duke
- Josephine Groh
- Alexander Heydemann
- M. Alan Holcomb
- Anna Idelevich
- Kristian Kaskla
- Carol Michel
- Ashley Nichols
- Emily Quan
- Benjamin Ralston
- Marisa Rodriguez
- Frederick Sager, Jr.
- Kate Spinelli
- John Weathington