Global Guidance for Companies Considering Arbitration
Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial's International Arbitration Practice Group has extensive experience acting as advocates, advisors, mediators and arbitrators for clients involved in international commercial arbitrations and other dispute resolution proceedings around the world.
Our attorneys help clients weigh the merits of litigating in foreign jurisdictions against using arbitration or other types of ADR procedures. The International Arbitration Practice also counsels clients in the design and drafting of arbitration agreements tailored to each client’s circumstances. With a properly constructed dispute resolution clause, the arbitration agreement can form the basis for enforceable contracts and arbitration awards in multiple jurisdictions.
We have a wide range of experience in providing dispute resolution services to clients doing business on a global basis. We have handled matters arising from transnational disputes in countries including:
- Russian Federation
- United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- United Kingdom
International Cases of Note
- Represented a large international architecture/engineering firm in disputes involving an $800 million theme park project in Abu Dhabi.
- Served as lead counsel for the developer of an East African power plant project in connection with ICC arbitration “Terms of Reference” proceedings in Dubai.
- Procured a $50 million settlement on behalf of an international independent power producer in arbitration against a major equipment supplier for two UK power projects.
- Represented the joint venture EPC contractor in a five-week arbitration in Kuala Lumpur arising out of the construction of a $2 billion LNG facility in Malaysia.
- Served as arbitrator appointed by the Arab Republic of Egypt for an ICC proceeding: L*A Water v. NOPWASD (Reference No. 7653/BGD).
- Represented the design engineer in disputes arising out of the design and construction of a large nickel mine located in the Australian Outback. Resolved by binding arbitration over a period of several years; the hearings were conducted in London.
Contributions to Industry Excellence
In addition to prolific speaking and writing on topics of interest to the international arbitration community, our attorneys are also active in leadership roles and/or serving as panel members for many international commercial arbitration organizations, including the International Construction Projects Committee of the IBA, the London Court of International Arbitration, the International Chamber of Commerce Court of Arbitration, the International Centre for Dispute Resolution and the Center for International Legal Studies.
View or download a printable pdf of International Arbitration: A Concise Reference for U.S. Designers and Contractors.
- Thomson Reuters Westlaw
- The American Journal of Construction Arbitration & ADR