Ross D. Ginsberg
3344 Peachtree Road, NESuite 2400Atlanta, GA 30326
T: 404.832.9543F: 404.875.9433
Ross Ginsberg focuses his practice on representation of project participants in a wide variety of construction projects. He has provided advice, contracting, and litigation support to owners, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and design professional in projects as varied as energy producing plants, manufacturing facilities, stadium projects, transportation projects, other infrastructure projects, hotels and casinos. Ross has a national practice with cases and projects sited within and outside of the United States.
Tufts University, B.A., 1990
Emory University School of Law, J.D., 1993
Most Outstanding Third Year Law Student
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of Georgia
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
Obtained summary judgment on a design-builder’s claims against WWHGD construction consultant client in excess of $60 million. In addition, South Carolina Court of Common Pleas denied design-builder’s Motion to Vacate.
Successful defense of structural engineering firm in $100M claim arising out of the design of a stadium roof.
Successful defense of engineering firm that provided 3D laser survey of bridge deck replacement in a long-span bridge in a claim in excess of $20 million.
Successfully defended contractor against claims that cruise ship piers in Honduras were constructed with defective concrete requiring complete replacement estimated to cost approximately $15 million. In addition, client prevailed on its multi-million dollar counterclaim.
Obtained summary judgment on a claim against the engineer of record for a stormwater vault. The case arose out of settlement damage to a neighboring apartment building with damages of approximately $9 million.
Successfully defended architect of luxury boutique hotel on South Beach against Owner’s claims of cost overruns totaling $17 million.
Successfully defended supplier of cableway crane towers in $74 million dispute arising from the collapse of the crane towers during the construction of the Hoover Dam Bypass bridge.
Successfully defended design professionals in $75 million dispute over the adequacy of design of a cable-stayed bridge in Charleston, South Carolina.
Obtained defense verdict for engineers in multi-million dollar claim arising out of collapse of a cofferdam.
Successful defense of designer of ethanol production facility in $10 million claim asserting that production rates were not compliant with contract requirements. The successful defense focused on determining that water treatment of cooling towers was insufficient to prevent biological fouling.
Defended management consultant in connection with a variety of claims arising out of one of the nation's largest public construction projects.
Awards & Recognitions
Best Lawyers in America®, Construction Law, 2013-2024
Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation - Construction, 2024
Super Lawyers Magazine, Georgia Super Lawyers List, Construction Litigation (2012-2023)
Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers, Top Business Lawyer (2009-2013)
Super Lawyers Magazine, Massachusetts Rising Stars List, Construction Litigation (2005)
Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
News & Publications
- 8 Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial Attorneys Recognized Among Ones to WatchThe Best Lawyers in America® 2024 Edition, August 17, 2023
- Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial Attorneys Selected to 2023 Georgia Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListFebruary 9, 2023
- 4 Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial Attorneys Recognized Among Ones to WatchThe Best Lawyers in America 2023 Edition, August 18, 2022
- Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial Attorneys Selected to 2022 Georgia Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
- Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial Attorneys Selected to 2021 Georgia Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
- Best Lawyers
- Best Lawyers
- Construction Executive
- Client Alert: Florida Legislature Grants Individual Design Professionals Protections of Contractual Limitation of Liability Provisions
Ginsberg, Ross and Matthew Marrone, "Balancing Optimism With Pragmatism: Allocating Risk in Construction Contracts,” Construction Executive, April 13, 2018.
Client Alert: Florida Supreme Court Downsizes the Economic Loss Rule, March 12, 2013.
Events & Speaking Engagements
- February 22, 2017
Presentation at Beazley Expert Retreat on "Design-Build from the Engineer's Perspective," May 6, 2010.