Ryan T. Gormley
6385 South Rainbow Boulevard - Suite 400Las Vegas, NV 89118
T: 702.938.3813F: 702.938.3864
Ryan Gormley is a partner in the firm’s Las Vegas office, where his practice focuses on complex civil litigation and appeals. Ryan has represented both plaintiffs and defendants across a broad array of high exposure matters, including insurance bad faith, products liability, catastrophic injury, construction, and general business litigation. He is licensed in Nevada and has represented clients pro hac vice in several other jurisdictions across the country.
Ryan has received recognition for the quality of his work, having been named “One to Watch” by Best Lawyers, “Legal Elite” by Nevada Business Magazine, and a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers.
An active provider of pro bono legal services, Ryan serves on the firm’s Pro Bono Committee. He recently obtained a favorable settlement during discovery on behalf of a disabled veteran in a real property nuisance action. He also serves on the board of two local non-profit organizations.
Following law school, Ryan clerked for Chief Justice Mark Gibbons of the Nevada Supreme Court. Originally from Las Vegas, Ryan received his undergraduate degree from Penn State University and his J.D., cum laude, from the William S. Boyd School of Law, where he served as an editor of the UNLV Gaming Law Journal and externed for the Honorable James C. Mahan of the U.S. District Court, District of Nevada.
Penn State University, B.S., 2010
University of Nevada, Las Vegas William S. Boyd School of Law, J.D.
cum laude, 2014
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of Nevada
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Awards & Recognitions
The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation (2021-2024)
The Best Lawyers in America®, Appellate Practice (2024)
The Best Lawyers in America®, Construction Law (2024)
The Best Lawyers in America®, Ones to Watch, Construction Law (2021-2022)
Nevada Legal Elite (2019, 2021)
Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, Civil Litigation: Defense (2021-2023)
Professional & Community Activities
Marty Hennessy’s Inspiring Children Foundation, Advisory Board Member
Nevada State Bar Appellate Litigation Section
Nevada State Bar Young Lawyer Section
United States Tennis Association, District of Nevada, Board of Directors Member
The Howard D. McKibben American Inn of Court, Barrister
Sedona Conference, Member
News & Publications
- 8 Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial Attorneys Recognized Among Ones to WatchThe Best Lawyers in America® 2024 Edition, August 17, 2023
- Seven Las Vegas WWHGD Attorneys Selected to the Super Lawyers Mountain States 2023 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListsSuper Lawyers Magazine, July 12, 2023
- Nevada Lawyer, January 2023
- 4 Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial Attorneys Recognized Among Ones to WatchThe Best Lawyers in America 2023 Edition, August 18, 2022
- Seven Las Vegas WWHGD Attorneys Selected to 2022 Mountain States Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListSuperLawyers, July 12, 2022
- 2022 Partner and Member Class
- Best Lawyers
- Nevada Business Magazine
Frequent contributor of articles to the Nevada Lawyer