Matthew I. Kramer
Corporate transactional attorney with a focus representing owners, developers, buyers and distressed investors in a wide array of real estate transactions. Experience structuring mezz, private equity and EB5 transactions. Represent landlords and tenants on lease transactions. Experience with construction financing, code compliance, title, and corporate restructuring matters. Handle commercial foreclosures on behalf of servicers and lenders. Counsel start-up ventures and assist companies in the purchase and sale of assets.
Binghamton University, B.A., summa cum laude, 1995
New York University School of Law, J.D., 1998
Bar & Court Admissions
- The Florida Bar
- New York State Bar
- Nevada Bar
- U.S. District Court, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
Former in-house counsel at LNR Partners, LLC, the country's largest volume CMBS special servicer. Continue to represent the special servicer in a number of real estate matters across the country.
Represents clients on the purchase and sale of properties with a particular focus on distressed acquisitions.
Represents landlords throughout the country in Chapter 11 retail bankruptcy cases.
Represents clients in commercial foreclosure matters across the State of Florida.
Represents clients on leasing matters.
Represents real estate start-up entities on corporate formation issues.
Represented developer on $24MM construction loan.
Awards & Recognitions
The Best Lawyers in America®, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2023-2024)
Professional & Community Activities
American Bar Association Commercial Real Estate Committee
American Bar Association Leasing Committee
Real Estate Adjunct Professor, University of Miami School of Law
Dade Real Estate Investors Association
Florida Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section (“RPPTL”)
International Council of Shopping Centers
RPPTL Commercial Real Estate Committee
RPPTL Title Issues and Standards Committee
News & Publications
- 8 Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial Attorneys Recognized Among Ones to WatchThe Best Lawyers in America® 2024 Edition, August 17, 2023
- 4 Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial Attorneys Recognized Among Ones to WatchThe Best Lawyers in America 2023 Edition, August 18, 2022
- Leverage.com, February 28, 2022
- Fox Business
- Forbes Advisor
- Daily Business Review
- Miami Herald
- Houston Chronicle
- How Much Is A Guaranty Worth: A Fresh Perspective Solidifying Liquidated Damages With Specific PerformanceActionLine
- National Real Estate Investor
- The Real Deal
"How Much Is A Guaranty Worth: A Fresh Perspective Solidifying Liquidated Damages With Specific Performance," ActionLine, Spring 2019.
"Hurricane Irma: Now What Do We Do? Dealing With the Legal Issues," webinar, The Florida Bar, October 2017.
“Is the Recording of a Real Property Security Instrument Required Under the Preference Statute?” Norton Journal of Bankruptcy Law and Practice, August 2009.
“The Prominence of the New Single Asset Real Estate Case and its Impact on a Residential Real Estate Recovery,” Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law, 2008
"Troubled Lenders Pose Fraudulent Transfer Risks to Distressed Debt Purchasers and Those Seeking Debt Forgiveness,” Norton Journal of Bankruptcy Law and Practice, 2008
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Real Estate Foreclosure in Nevada, Step by StepMay 16, 2023
- Bisnow Multifamily Annual Conference South FloridaHyatt Regency Miami, 400 SE Second Avenue, October 27, 2021
- July 14, 2020
- June 22, 2020
- Webcast, March 26, 2020
- January 25, 2018
"Investing in Real Estate During the COVID-19 Pandemic”, webcast, March 2020