Insurer Defense in Coverage Claims Nationwide
Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial's Insurance Coverage Practice Group has a proven record of success on behalf of insurers in complex insurance coverage cases. We serve as national coverage counsel for several large insurers and our attorneys have handled coverage claims in more than 30 states.
Our clients include primary insurers, umbrella and excess insurers and re-insurers. We provide counsel on the applicability of insurance to particular claims and prepare coverage opinions on appropriate action in response to insurance claims.
WWHGD represents insurance companies in litigation over the rights and obligations of insurers and the insured for multiple insurance lines, including:
- Commercial property
- Directors and officers
- General liability
- Personal auto
- Professional liability
- Umbrella liability
Representative Insurance Coverage Cases
- Served as national coordinating counsel for large liability insurers in cases arising under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (47 U.S.C. § 227) in Missouri, Arizona, West Virginia, Georgia and claims nationwide.
- Served on the arbitration panel deciding a dispute between a major textile manufacturer and a consortium of 33 property carriers over a fire that led to one of the largest property insurance claims ever litigated.
- Awarded a favorable settlement for a first-party property carrier in a $50 million coverage action alleging bad faith failure to pay a claim.
- Awarded a favorable federal court order in Texas in a multi-million dollar coverage dispute, precluding the insured from obtaining a key deposition.
- Awarded a summary judgment in favor of a life insurance company on claims of bad faith and failure to notify on policy cancellation for non-payment.
- Awarded a summary judgment in favor of a property insurer for alleged bad faith and failure to pay a claim arising from vandalism.
- Orlando Sentinel
- LexisNexis Practice Guide: Georgia Insurance Litigation
- Atlanta, GA, March 22, 2018
- January 26, 2018
- Ann Arbor, MI, October 20, 2017
- Atlanta, GA, March 23, 2017