Josh S. Wood
Josh Wood advocates for clients in high-stakes, high-exposure cases in state and federal courts across the United States. In addition, he serves as General Counsel for the firm. Josh has garnered a reputation among his clients and his peers for working tirelessly to obtain the best possible results for his clients. Josh’s broad range trial practice has afforded him the opportunity to represent both corporations and individuals in cases involving wrongful death, catastrophic injury, mass torts, product liability, premises liability, transportation and construction, among others.
University of Georgia, B.A., magna cum laude 2006
Phi Beta Kappa.
University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., 2010
Order of the Coif.
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of Georgia
- Alabama State Bar
- North Carolina State Bar
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Alabama Civil Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Alabama
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Middle Districts of Alabama
Represents a leading chemical distributor as national trial counsel in product liability cases throughout the United States.
Excess panel counsel for large insurance provider serving as trial counsel in litigation nationwide.
Outside trial counsel for several trucking companies handling litigation nationwide.
Outside trial counsel for world-leading humanitarian organization handling wide assortment of litigation matters.
Outside trial counsel for movie, television and music production companies handling wide assortment of litigation matters.
Represents individuals and corporations in negligent security cases nationwide.
Successfully represented a large corporation where the plaintiff suffered a traumatic brain injury necessitating residential treatment for life. A jury trial resulted in a verdict for $14.5 million less than the pre-trial demand and only 16% of plaintiff’s special damages.
Successfully defended trucking clients in an admitted liability case with special damages exceeding $1.5 million and where the plaintiff alleged traumatic brain injury, among other severe injuries. A jury trial resulted in a verdict for $4.5 million less than plaintiff’s final demand and $10.5 million less than what the plaintiff asked from the jury.
Awards & Recognitions
The Best Lawyers in America®, Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, (2022-2024)
The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, (2024)
Super Lawyers® Magazine, Georgia Rising Stars List, Civil Litigation: Defense (2014-2023)
Joseph Henry Lumpkin American Inn of Court
Professional & Community Activities
Atlanta Bar Association
Lawyers Club of Atlanta
News & Publications
- 8 Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial Attorneys Recognized Among Ones to WatchThe Best Lawyers in America® 2024 Edition, August 17, 2023
- Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial Attorneys Selected to 2023 Georgia Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListFebruary 9, 2023
- 4 Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial Attorneys Recognized Among Ones to WatchThe Best Lawyers in America 2023 Edition, August 18, 2022
- Fulton County Daily Report, August 5, 2022
- Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial Attorneys Selected to 2022 Georgia Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
- Legal AlertNovember 29, 2021
- Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial Attorneys Selected to 2021 Georgia Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
- February 7, 2017
Co-author, "Aviation Law: A Survey of Recent Trends and Developments," 61 Mercer Law Review 585 (2010).
Contributor, “Employment Discrimination Defense: Recent Trends in Supreme Court and Eleventh Circuit Jurisprudence,” Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, 2010 Law Journal.