Aaron M. Cohn
Aaron Cohn’s practice focuses on lending and business disputes, professional negligence, construction litigation, class actions and catastrophic injuries. He is driven by a belief that hard cases are won with thoughtful strategy and tireless advocacy and has successfully tried and arbitrated disputes to verdict or award.
Aaron earned his undergraduate degree in economics from the University of California, Berkeley, his masters of science from the London School of Economics, and his law degree from the George Washington University School of Law, where he was a Thurgood Marshall Scholar each semester.
University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 2002
The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), M.S.,
with distinction, 2004
George Washington University School of Law, J.D.,
with honors, 2009
Thurgood Marshall Scholar
Bar & Court Admissions
- The Florida Bar
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Central, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of California
Lead counsel in $200 million class action lawsuit involving investment fraud against a South Florida hedge fund.
Lead counsel in a federal civil RICO case involving loan fraud that was successfully settled.
Lead counsel in multi-million dollar claims against funeral home that misplaced the remains of the deceased.
Lead counsel defending an engineering firm in the FIU bridge collapse case that settled collectively for more than $100 million.
Lead counsel defending a guarantor on a purported debt exceeding $15 million.
Counsel in defense of guarantor on $30M loan default.
Counsel for private club that arbitrated development rights worth hundreds of millions of dollars on an island in South Florida.
Counsel in several corporate “divorce” lawsuits and disputes between partners.
Counsel in dozens of construction defect and payment disputes.
Counsel in multi-million dollar arbitration for minority member in a management dispute over a closely held limited liability company.
Counsel on several wrongful death trucking and construction matters involving multi-million dollar claims.
Counsel for developer in trial and appeal; successfully defended development rights worth hundreds of millions.
Counsel to borrower in mortgage fraud trial.
Awards & Recognitions
Super Lawyers Magazine, Florida Rising Stars List (2014-2020)
Professional & Community Activities
Dade County Bar Association
George Washington University Alumni Association
London School of Economics Alumni Association
News & Publications
- Orlando Business Journal, October 16, 2023
- CFTC Settles Leveraged Precious Metals Suit for $38M in Restitution and Penalties [Impacting Seniors]March 8, 2023
- Daily Business Review, December 28, 2022
- Daily Business Review, October 18, 2022
- Forbes Advisor, September 26, 2022
- Daily Business Review, August 22, 2022
- Daily Business Review, June 23, 2022
- The CEO Magazine, April 29, 2022
- Business Observer, April 7, 2022
- Construction Executive
- Daily Business Review
- Trademark "Theft" with AdWords Keyword Bidding, The Intellectual Property Strategist, June 2018
- Trademark Smart: 5 Tips for Choosing and Protecting Your New Product Name, LinkedIn, December 2015
- Creating a Trademarkable Brand Name, Brightmark (New York), December 2015
- Raising Capital Through Factoring Accounts Receivable, Daily Business Review (Miami), August 2014
- Foreclosure Law: A Primer on California’s One-Action Rule and Anti-Deficiency Provisions, The Practical Real Estate Lawyer (American Law Institute), January 2013
- Ethical Conduct in Banking and Finance Chapter, Corporate Compliance Answer Book, Practicing Law Institute, 2012-13 Edition
- Implementing Institutional Controls at Brownfields and Other Contaminated Sites, California Chapter, American Bar Association, May 2012
- Attorney-Client Privilege: Beware the Hazards of Electronic Communication, The Daily Journal, January 10, 2012
- When An Agency’s Agreement with a Developer Requires Environmental Review Under CEQA, The Daily Journal, June 13, 2011
- Encouraging Alternative Modes of Transit, The Daily Journal, January 5, 2010
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Webinar Sponsored by CelesqNovember 22, 2022