Alleged Wrongful Death by Mosquito Magnet
McCool v. Woodstream Corporation
Products Liability; Wrongful Death
The Plaintiff’s decedent was found fully clothed, lying face down in her backyard swimming pool. A detective from the Palm Beach Gardens Police Department investigated the premises, and reported feeling progressively ill upon approaching a mosquito trap located near the swimming pool. When the Detective finally placed his face within inches of the trap’s flue, he became asphyxiated and nearly fell backwards into the pool. Based on the Detective’s symptomatology, Plaintiff’s counsel theorized that excessive carbon monoxide emissions from the mosquito trap, manufactured by Defendant, Woodstream Corporation, caused the decedent to lose consciousness, fall into the pool, and drown.