Securities and Investment Litigation
A Formidable Bench of Securities Litigators
Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial attorneys have handled a wide variety of investment and securities cases, including federal class action securities lawsuits, precious metals fraud cases, individual disputes over high-value loans and guarantees, and claims against investment advisors. Our litigation team is relentless in its pursuit of the best results for its clients.
Representative Securities and Investment Litigation Cases
- Prosecuted a class-action case on behalf of investors against a collapsed half-billion dollar fund and its principals.
- Defended all members of the compensation committee of the board of directors of a publicly traded company against stockholder derivative and class action brought by shareholders alleging breach of fiduciary duty and seeking damages in connection with allegedly spring loaded stock options grants and excessive compensation.
- Represented numerous precious metals retail investors in a case against brokers that induced investments in leverage retail precious metals transactions contrary to the restrictions in the Commodities Exchange Act.
- Prosecuted and successfully settled claims against an investment advisor and her business partner, a lawyer, in connection with a multi-million dollar investment fraud scheme involving loans to the lawyer's clients.
- Prosecuted claims on behalf of a client that lost millions of dollars in a fund-to-fund investment that promised to use diversified portfolio managers to mitigate risk.
- Represented a group of investors in prosecuting a multi-million dollar securities fraud case involving a mass tort lead generation business that required financing.
- Represented individual retirees that invested significant quantities of precious metals in a leasing program that collapsed through theft and fraud.
- Successfully defended a $20 million loan guarantee claim on behalf of a borrower and investor in a foreign business.
- Successfully defended a loan guarantee for a deficiency on a $40 million property foreclosure.
- Represented wealth management companies in various advisory and litigation matters.
- Served as national oversight counsel for the largest servicer in Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities industry where we analyze and oversee the prosecution of deficiency claims arising from defaulted CMBS loans.
- Daily Business Review, October 18, 2022