Jackson A. Dial
Jackson “Jad” Dial represents a multitude of clients in high exposure, catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases throughout Georgia and the United States. Jad has obtained many successful results for his clients both at trial and during pre-trial proceedings. When he is not representing clients, Jad enjoys spending time with his wife Katie and their five children.
University of Georgia, B.A., magna cum laude, 2006
Phi Beta Kappa
Golden Key International Honor Society
Baylor University School of Law, J.D., 2009
Order of the Barristers
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Texas
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
Obtained defense verdict for apartment complex owner in a wrongful death premises liability case where plaintiff asked the jury to award $100 million.
Successfully defended apartment complex owners and managers in premises liability / negligent security case. Client found 1% at fault in shooting death of young man on or near apartment complex property.
Successfully obtained defense verdicts for high profile production company and actor in lawsuit arising from a death on a production set. The remaining defendants were found liable for a fraction of plaintiffs’ pre-trial demand and amounts sought during closing arguments.
Assisted in obtaining defense verdict for national trucking company in a lawsuit filed by the mother of a two-year-old girl who was paralyzed in an accident on the Florida Turnpike. Plaintiff’s counsel asked for $75 million in closing arguments.
Successfully represented national trucking company in seven admitted liability lawsuits arising out of a single accident, including one jury trial where the verdict was $7 million less than the Plaintiff’s pre-trial demand.
Obtained defense verdict on behalf of a national property owner with respect to allegations regarding the negligent design and maintenance of a popular local shopping center.
Obtained favorable settlement on the morning of closing arguments after a seven-day legal malpractice trial. The underlying case involved a medical malpractice case concerning the alleged misdiagnosis of sarcoidosis.
Successful settlement on first day of trial in an admitted liability, above-the-leg amputation case.
Obtained multiple summary judgments on behalf of national property owners sued for premises liability.
Obtained summary judgment on behalf of law firm for $642,000 in unpaid legal fees. The summary judgment order also included over $300,000 in prejudgment interest.
Obtained multiple summary judgments defending lawyers and law firms sued for legal malpractice.
Obtained dismissal of RICO lawsuit filed against client in federal court.
Assisting in defense of numerous wrongful death and serious personal injury premises liability and trucking cases.
Awards & Recognitions
ALM Law.com Southeastern Legal Awards, On the Rise award (2023)
Best Lawyers in America®, Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants (2023-2024)
Super Lawyers® Magazine, Georgia Rising Stars List, Personal Injury General: Defense (2018-2023)
Professional & Community Activities
American Bar Association
Atlanta Bar Association
Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
News & Publications
- 8 Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial Attorneys Recognized Among Ones to WatchThe Best Lawyers in America® 2024 Edition, August 17, 2023
- Jad Dial Quoted in Law360 Article About Georgia Supreme Court's New Test for Determining Foreseeability at a Business PropertyGeorgia Justices' Ruling May Spark More Negligent Security TrialsLaw360, June 30, 2023
- ALM Law.Com Daily Report, April 20, 2023
- Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial Attorneys Selected to 2023 Georgia Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListFebruary 9, 2023
- Fulton County Daily Report, November 30, 2022
- 4 Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial Attorneys Recognized Among Ones to WatchThe Best Lawyers in America 2023 Edition, August 18, 2022
- Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial Attorneys Selected to 2022 Georgia Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
- LAW360, November 22, 2021
- Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial Attorneys Selected to 2021 Georgia Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
- Hotel Management, September 4, 2020
- Daily Report
- Daily Report
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Kilpatrick Townsend, February 23, 2023