Trial Attorneys with Aviation Industry Experience
Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial's Aviation Practice Group is comprised of seasoned trial attorneys, many of whom are also highly trained and experienced pilots, and one, an aircraft mechanic. Our attorneys are well known in the close-knit Aviation Bar, and in the domestic U.S. and London aviation insurance markets.
Aviation manufacturers have selected us as lead trial counsel in cases across the country and as national coordinating counsel. We are also highly experienced in handling aviation insurance coverage disputes.
Clients represent a broad spectrum of aviation enterprises, including:
- Airframe and component part manufacturers
- Airlines, corporate flight departments, charter operators and flight schools
- Airport authorities
- Government contractors
- Individual aircraft owners and pilots
- MRO facilities
- Littlejohn v. Jet Logistics - Defense of FAR135 charter operator in wrongful death case in Charlotte, NC.
- Cumming v. Harris - Defense verdict following 2-week jury trial of wrongful death case resulting from the crash of an experimental airplane in Jacksonville, FL.
- Duke v. Eurocopter - 2-week jury trial in products liability case against helicopter manufacturer in Winston Salem, NC.
- Monarch Insurance Co. v. Polytech - Bench trial in US District Court in Greenville, SC of insurance coverage dispute, resulting in judgment for our client.
- Delta 1288 Litigation - Represented manufacturer of engine that sustained uncontained compressor failure in NTSB hearing and civil litigation.
- ASA 2311 Litigation - Represented engine and propeller manufacturer in MDL litigation resulting from crash in Brunswick, GA which killed former US Senator John Tower and 22 others.
- Heathrow, UK, September 18, 2019
- Tom Strueber Chosen as Panelist at ABA "Contemporary Aviation & Space Litigation: A World View"ConferenceWashington, DC, October 18-19, 2018