Business, Commercial, and Corporate Transactions
Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial's Commercial and Corporate Transactions Group handles a wide variety of business and commercial transactions across a myriad of business sectors. Whether incorporating or organizing business entities; negotiating and closing multimillion dollar business deals; drafting and negotiating commercial, construction, real estate, and technology contracts; or navigating our clients through a business divorce or dissolution, our lawyers excel at it.
We provide counsel and representation on commercial transactions to all types of industries, including automotive; construction; financial services; hospitality and entertainment; information technology; insurance; manufacturing; medical products; real estate; and textiles among others. We advise our clients, including architects, contractors, developers, engineers, entrepreneurs, lenders, physicians, real estate brokers, and a multitude of other professionals on most every business issue imaginable.
We differ from other firms in that ours was founded as a trial law firm focused on prevailing in litigated disputes. As a result, we proactively review each transaction from the perspective of what challenges our clients would face if a dispute regarding the deal ended up in court or arbitration. We negotiate and draft contract documents with the goal of preventing disputes from arising but prevailing in the event they do.
Recent Commercial Transactions have included:
- Drafting, negotiating, and closing the sale of an automotive logistics business for an international automobile manufacturer.
- Drafting, negotiating, and closing asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements, membership acquisition agreements, and mergers for clients in a variety of industries, including automotive, food and beverage, hospitality, logistics, manufacturing, real estate, textiles, and utilities.
- Incorporating and organizing start-up ventures in a variety of industries, including real estate, staffing services, insurance services, financial services, and business consulting.
- Negotiating and documenting all manner of real estate transactions, including purchase contracts, leases, easements, financing documents (initial loans, bridge financing or refinancing), and licenses for owners, developers, brokers, and tenants.
- Drafting, negotiating, and closing all types of construction projects for architects, engineers, developers, contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers, including financing with both debt-equity considerations and tax-exempt bond financing structures.
- Representing businesses and professionals in negotiating all manner of employment contracts, including restrictive covenants and non-disclosure agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating all manner of intellectual property and information technology licensing, sale, and related services agreements.
- Representing financial institutions, manufacturers, suppliers, and service providers in all manner of business transactions, including production agreements, master products and services agreements, professional services agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, and other vendor, supplier, and sales contracts.
- Negotiating contracts with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Representing both lenders and borrowers in secured and unsecured loan transactions, escrow agreements, forbearance agreements, personal guaranties, deposit account pledge agreements, deeds in lieu of foreclosure, and other transactions.
- Negotiating and closing sales of heavy equipment, aircraft, boats, commercial vehicles, and other personal property transactions.
- Daily Business Review, August 22, 2022
- Fulton County Daily Report, August 5, 2022
- Daily Business Review, June 23, 2022
- The CEO Magazine, April 29, 2022
- Business Observer, April 7, 2022
- Cindy Bonilla
- William Buhay
- Ross Bundschuh
- Briana Burrows
- Aaron Cohn
- Matthew Gomes
- Steven Gonzalez
- George Green, Jr.
- Jonathan Head
- Jose Herrera-Paez
- Michael Hornreich
- Matthew Kramer
- Aaron Motschenbacher
- Ronald Schirtzer
- William Sheppard
- Joshua Swiger
- Gary Toman
- Stephen Walsh
- Ethan Wilkinson
- Jonathan Winn
- Scott Witzigreuter