3344 Peachtree Road, NESuite 2400Atlanta, GA 30326
T: 404.832.9518F: 404.875.9433
Aaron Chausmer is Partner of Counsel in the Atlanta Office of Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial
Aaron works to help businesses navigate the law with clarity and confidence. Based in Atlanta, he provides premium-quality legal services that are rooted in over two decades of industry expertise. His frequent areas of specific representation include: restrictive covenant and executive employment matters, complex commercial disputes, business contracts, corporate governance, and strategic advice on combined legal and business matters. He represents clients in both state and federal court in Georgia and elsewhere (including Florida and Texas), and he is always ready to try complex cases before a jury.
In the community, Aaron is active with local schools and has served as a featured speaker for various national continuing legal education programs.
Emory University, B.A., Political Science, 1995
Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1998 (Case and Note Editor, International Law Journal)
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Also, previously admitted pro hac vice to state and federal courts in Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, Texas and Utah.
Following a week-long jury trial, Aaron obtained a defense verdict in favor of his client for an alleged breach of partnership agreement, seeking more than $500,000, while also obtaining a verdict on his client’s counterclaim for breach of that partnership agreement and for attorney’s fees.
Through appeal, Aaron obtained an opinion that vacated a $603,000 judgment entered jointly against his clients, a company and its chief executive, prior to his appearance in the case.
Awards & Recognitions
Super Lawyers ® Magazine, Georgia Rising Stars List: Business Litigation (2011)
Martindale®, AV Preeminent Rating: Business Litigation, Employment Litigation, Restrictive Convenants, and Unfair Competition
Professional & Community Activities
- Dunwoody Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Law Practice Management Committee, Member (2015-2016 and 2019-2023)
- State Bar of Georgia, Business Court Committee, Member (2019-2020 and 2021-2023)
- Austin Elementary School, Principal Advisory Committee, Former Chairperson, Elected Representative (2021-2024)
- Development of former Shallowford Rd. Elementary School, Construction Advisory Committee, Member (2021 - present)
News & Publications
Events & Speaking Engagements
- “Georgia Restrictive Covenants 101: What You Should Know,” Sole Presenter, State Bar of Georgia, CLE (2014 - 2017)
- “Fiduciary Duty Litigation in Business Disputes: Identifying Causes of Action, Key Defenses, Remedies and Proof,” Sole Presenter, National CLE Webinar, Clear Law Institute (January 31, 2018)
- “Fiduciary Duty Litigation in Business Disputes: Identifying Causes of Action, Key Defenses, Remedies and Proof,” Featured Presenter, National CLE Webinar, Strafford Publications (May 23, 2017)
- “Navigating the Complexities of Litigating Closely Held Business Disputes,” Featured Presenter, National CLE Webinar, Lorman Education Services (February 29, 2016 and January 17, 2017)
- “Restrictive Covenants 101: An Overview for Education, Planning, and Strategy Purposes,” Sole Presenter, Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc., CE (2015)
- “Litigating Closely Held Business Disputes: Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Breach of Contract and Shareholder Oppression: Identifying Causes of Action; Pursuing Emergency Injunctions, Partition and Dissolution; Tackling Valuation Issues,” Featured Presenter, National CLE Webinar, Strafford Publications (May 21, 2014 and August 4, 2015)
- “Noncompete Agreements: Latest Litigation Developments; Crafting Enforceable Contracts to Protect Trade Secrets and Confidential Business Information,” Featured Presenter, National CLE Webinar, Strafford Publications (July 22, 2010)