WWHGD Hosts CLE Seminar for ACC Central Florida
Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial will host a half day CLE seminar for members and guests of the ACC Central Florida chapter. The CLE event titled "Woodstock at 50: From Hippies to Hip Hop and the Ever-Changing Challenges in the Legal Industry" will cover topics such as premises liability, foreign corrupt practices, and ethical lessons.
3 hours of CLE credit will be offered, including 1 hour of ethics credit.
Let's Get This Party Started: Liability Issues Arising from the Provisions of Food and Entertainment Presented by Alan Maxwell and Larry Burkhalter
- Premises liability challenges faced by business owners and operators
- Highlights of the current state of Dram Shop laws and the general public's perception of owners
- Various issues confronting the food, beverage and entertainment industries with an emphasis on the current regulatory environment and the impact of foodborne illness outbreaks and recalls
Transacting Around Corrupt Transactions Presented by Brooklyn Sawyers Belk
- The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- A practical review of statutory key requirements, and include discussions of recent litigation and enforcement trends and high stakes compliance and enforcement challenges
- Role playing derived from actual case scenarios
Sex and Drugs and Rock & Roll Presented by Ron Schirtzer
- Ethical lessons from a historical and current perspective on issues surrounding the glass ceiling, and other sexual discrimination and biases impacting women in the corporate world
- Substance abuse among attorneys, and the ethical rules and bar sponsored programs created to deal with its impact
- Our ever increasing devotion/addiction to smart devices, its impact on our daily lives and the practice of law