Staying Current in a Dynamic Field
Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial's Medical Device & Pharmaceutical Litigation Practice Group is anchored by its extensive and unique expertise in complex legal areas, especially product and professional liability in the healthcare field.
Both legal and technical knowledge is required to keep up with the rapid pace of change in medical devices, equipment and pharmaceuticals. Attorneys in our Medical Device & Pharmaceutical Litigation Practice Group continually work to expand their knowledge in the areas of science, technology and medical advancements so that we provide effective, value-driven representation to our clients.
- Represented the manufacturer of female urinary incontinence devices in multiple jurisdictions. Successfully tried to verdict several individual cases that resulted in the successful resolution of all cases in a multi-district litigation settlement.
- Serving as national trial and discovery counsel for the manufacturer of a coronary artery drug-eluting stent.
- Serving as national coordinating counsel for the manufacturer of a recalled over-the-counter laxative product.
- Successfully represented manufacturers of end tidal CO2 monitors.
- Successfully defended manufacturers of over-the-counter and prescription weight loss medications.
- Successfully tried a case on behalf of a manufacturer of a platinum microcoil used in the treatment of brain aneurysms. The microcoil detached and migrated to the middle cerebral artery resulting in a serious stroke and permanent left-side paralysis. The resulting verdict was approximately $575 million less than sought by the plaintiff, and well within our predicted range.
- Represented manufacturers of products used in total knee and hip replacements.
- Represented multiple national and international manufacturers of medical devices that have been voluntarily recalled.
- Represented manufacturers of non-invasive medical devices such as Ambu bags, surgical lights and surgical instrument sterilization solutions.
- Represent manufacturers of hormone replacement therapies and vaccinations.