To our clients and friends, it is our sincerest hope that you all remain healthy and safe in the face of the extraordinary challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. While we are similarly ensuring the health and safety of our colleagues and loved ones, we are committed to continuing to provide you with extraordinary representation. This includes guidance on the CARES Act and how best you can benefit from the financial provisions offered by the $2 trillion package. In addition to financial assistance, the CARES Act contains important provisions that facilitate employee withdrawals and loans relating to retirement accounts, modify foreclosure and eviction rules concerning federally-backed loans, and amend bankruptcy rules relating to small businesses.
In addition, we provide resources for understanding the application of “sick leave” and FMLA benefits; workplace guidance measures based on OSHA, an article providing strategic ways for allocating COVID-19 risks for construction owners and contractors, and other useful links and COVID-19 resources, including our #InThisTogether recommendations.
- CARES Act: What it Means for Business
- Understanding Sick Leave & FMLA Benefits: FFCRA & CARES Act
- Workplace Guidance in the COVID-19 Era (PDF checklist)
- Construction Contract Tips For Allocating COVID-19 Risks
- COVID-19: Useful Links and Resources
- #InThisTogether Resources
- Issues to Consider in Developing Recreational Waivers in the Context of COVID-19