Environmental and Toxic Tort
Environmental and Toxic Tort Litigation
Toxic torts and environmental-related claims are firmly ensconced in American civil litigation. Heightened emphasis on and awareness of our environment – manifested in the "Green" movement – will likely result in an increase in environmental-related litigation. In preparation for an era of more claims and litigation, astute companies are increasing their abilities to understand and manage environmental-related legal issues. Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial's Environmental Law Practice Group is ready and able to help.
Environmental Law Cases and Clients
Services provided by our Environmental Law Practice Group include:
- Representing product manufacturers and suppliers, contractors and property owners in claims involving alleged occupational and non-occupational exposures to a wide variety of toxicants including benzene, pesticides, fiberglass, formaldehyde, isocyanates, VOC's, including several solvents, arsenic, tungsten cobalt and other heavy metals, PBB and PCB.
- Represents aggregate mining company in a proposed class action alleging environmental contamination that purportedly caused an increase in pediatric brain cancer in a certain, defined area.
- Representing asbestos product manufacturers, suppliers and contractors in courts throughout the country, including serving as regional trial counsel for a major manufacturer of asbestos containing products.
- Serving as national coordinating defense counsel for a leading building products manufacturer regarding formaldehyde personal injury and property damage claims.
- Representing developers, contractors, property owners and managers, and landlords in personal injury and property damage actions alleging sick building syndrome, building related illness and toxic mold.
- Representing property owners and managers in child lead poisoning claims.
- Representing builders, developers and land owners in Clean Water Act and related common law claims.
- Defending CERCLA, RCRA and related state litigation and administrative proceedings, and defending and prosecuting private contribution actions.
- Defending employers in OSHA administrative proceedings.
- L.U.S.T. compliance and litigation.
- Counseling businesses in state and federal regulatory compliance.
- Counseling businesses and municipalities in Brownfield administrative proceedings.
- Prosecuting and defending environmental insurance coverage claims and declaratory judgment actions.