Melissa E. Roque
3344 Peachtree Road, NESuite 2400Atlanta, GA 30326
T: 404.832.9595F: 404.875.9433
Melissa’s practice focuses on civil litigation, encompassing tort and commercial disputes. Admitted to practice in Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina, she has represented a broad range of clients in cases involving construction issues, commercial issues, catastrophic injury, and wrongful death. Melissa has successfully negotiated and settled claims throughout the southeast.
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2013
University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., 2016
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of Georgia
- The Florida Bar
- North Carolina State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- Obtained summary judgment on majority of construction defect and business claims for national general contractor.
- Successfully argued opposition to Motion to Vacate Judgement arising out of contractual dispute.
- Assisted trial team in prosecution of breach of contract claim and defense of contractual counterclaim.
- Successfully litigated claim for national leader in the provision of funeral services through settlement at client’s satisfaction.
- Successfully assisted in litigating claim for international engineering firm through settlement at client’s satisfaction.
- Currently defending Georgia senior living communities against allegations of abuse and neglect.
- Currently assisting in defense of national property management companies in numerous premises liability and personal injury claims.
- Currently assisting in defense of numerous construction subcontractors against multi-million dollar defect claims.
- Currently assisting in defense of a joint venture against multiple personal injury claims.
Professional & Community Activities
American Bar Association
Florida Association for Women Lawyers
Penn Club of Miami
ABA Forum on Construction Law
Penn Alumni Interview Program- Interviewer
Big Brothers Big Sisters of America
News & Publications
Events & Speaking Engagements
“Danger! Storms on the Horizon; Is Your Company Prepared to Handle the Legal Perils Heading Its Way?”- presentation, Association of Corporate Counsel, Central Florida Chapter.