Professional Liability Litigation
Trial Attorneys for Any Profession, Anywhere
Weinberg, Wheeler, Hudgins, Gunn & Dial’s Professional Liability Practice Group has extensive knowledge and experience with clients in almost every major profession. The Firm recognizes that professional liability litigation calls for legal expertise as well as a thorough understanding of the practices and protocols underlying the particular profession. These lawyers provide both skill sets and apply relentless determination toward achieving the best possible results for any situation.
Weinberg, Wheeler, Hudgins, Gunn & Dial represents:
- Aircraft mechanics, owners and pilots
- Directors and officers
- Insurance brokers
- Nurse practitioners
- Nursing homes
- Oral surgeons
- Physician’s assistants
- Real estate agents
- Tire technicians
The Professional Liability Practice Group has primarily focused on the defense of such claims. WWHGD has enjoyed much success and is honored to have obtained defense verdicts for numerous professionals across the country. In the health care field alone, Firm partners have collectively tried over 300 medical malpractice cases in Georgia and nationally.
Recent Professional Liability Cases
- Achieved a defense verdict in a medical malpractice case which involved a wrongful death claim brought against an Atlanta cardiovascular thoracic surgeon.
- Obtained a defense verdict in U.S. District Court in New Hampshire in a case where a professional engineering allegedly produced deficient specifications for a municipal landfill. The plaintiff had sought more than $8 million.
- Won a defense verdict for an Atlanta cardiovascular surgeon in a medical malpractice suit in which Plaintiff was rendered a paraplegic allegedly as a result of laparoscopic procedure.
- Achieved a favorable trial result for a professional engineering firm against a Plaintiff seeking $35 million for breach of contract and $1.7 million for an indemnity claim. Total damages awarded on the breach of contract claim were $91,000 and $975,000 on indemnity claim.
- Negotiated a highly favorable settlement on behalf of a CPA firm and its principals against charges of negligence and fraud based on the accountant's alleged recommendations regarding titling real property in the name of a C-Corporation.
- Successfully defended multiple law firms, in Atlanta and nationally, against claims of legal malpractice.
- Obtained a favorable result for a South Carolina home health care agency against a malpractice claim alleging that four days of chemotherapy was improperly infused in a single day.
- Successfully defended an Illinois pathology lab in a failure to diagnose breast cancer case.
- Favorably resolved a claim against a hospital which alleged narcotic overdose resulting in profound brain damage and persistent vegetative state.
- Successfully defended a professional engineering firm in trial involving alleged property damage and wrongful death in which a retaining wall in Seattle failed during a landslide. At the close of the Plaintiff’s evidence, the client was granted a judgment as a matter of law.
- Obtained a favorable verdict for a pathologist who allegedly failed to read a slide indicating the presence of lung cancer. The verdict was substantially below the pre-trial demand.
- Barrow, Shannon
- Buhay, William
- Burkhalter, Lawrence
- Clay, Jr., Charles "Chuck"
- DeBardeleben IV, Henry "Dee"
- Dial, David
- Ginsberg, Ross
- Gunn, Earl "Billy"
- Hill, II, Richard "Rick"
- Hudgins, IV, John "Skip"
- Kerew, Scott
- Larson, David
- Mashelkar, Shubhra
- Matthews, David
- Maxwell, Alan "Al"
- Michel, Carol
- Moore, Patrick
- Murray, Claire
- Panayotopoulos, Nicholas "Nick"
- Roberts Jr., D. Lee
- Scott, Shawn
- Smith, George Anthony "Tony"
- Spillis, Peter
- Sullivan, Terrance "Terry"
- Tanner, Robert "Bob"
- Thompson, Patrick "Pat"
- Train IV, John "Jay"
- Tuggle, Amber
- Voght, Laura
- Williams, Y. Kevin
- Witzigreuter, Scott