Nursing Home and Long-Term Care Litigation
When faced with allegations of abuse, neglect, injury, wrongful death or regulatory violations, leaders in the post-acute care industry - including skilled nursing facilities, rehabilitation centers, among others - rely on WWHGD to provide vigorous representation and defense. Our experienced team of litigators have a keen understanding of this highly regulated industry and how those regulations can often be misapplied in nursing home litigation. We know these allegations are significant and often threaten a company's financial health and reputation, in addition to distracting its leadership while unresolved.
WWHGD attorneys are experienced in the numerous types of allegations that arise in this industry and with every possible phase of litigation. We work to provide prompt investigation, case review and achieve effective resolution, whether through settlement, arbitration and litigation as indicated. With cases throughout the country, our team of lawyers is supported by nurse consultants and paralegals who provide medical insight and bring experience and perspective to the process.
Select Representative Experience
Currently defending national senior living communities and service provider and its Georgia facilities against allegations of abuse and neglect.
- Successfully represented national nursing association in case where nursing home resident developed and ultimately died from toxemia related to bed sores.
- Represented health care center in defense of resident who caught on fire while on the smoking patio for the facility.
- Favorably settled case on behalf of nursing center when a resident was allegedly attached by his roommate.
- Received successful motion to dismiss on behalf of nursing home center where Plaintiff claimed Defendant failed to take whatever actions were necessary to preserve life. Defense stated the deceased signed a "Do Not Resuscitate" request.
- Favorably settled case below total amount of special damages on behalf of nursing home in case involving the wrongful death of a post-operative hip replacement patient who allegedly died as a result of an MRSA infection contracted while in the nursing home recovering from his surgery.
- Successfully settled several cases on behalf of a nursing home in Tennessee where the nursing director was arrested for running a methamphetamine lab in the basement of the home.
- Obtained defense award and prevailed on contested Motion to Compel Arbitration on behalf of nursing home involving the wrongful death of a 68-year old post-operative hip fracture patient who died allegedly as a result of an undiagnosed pulmonary embolism six days after her admission to the facility.
Related Nursing Home and Long-Term Care Facility Case Experience
- Decubitus ulcers (bed sores)
- Failure to diagnose / treat
- Injury during physical therapy
- Medication overdose
- Slip and falls
- Violation of policies / procedures