Medical Device and Pharmaceutical Litigation
Staying Current in a Dynamic Field
Weinberg, Wheeler, Hudgins, Gunn & Dial's Medical Device & Pharmaceutical Litigation Practice Group is anchored by its extensive and unique expertise in complex legal areas, especially product and professional liability in the healthcare field.
Weinberg, Wheeler, Hudgins, Gunn & Dial, LLC knows that vast legal and technical knowledge is required to keep up with the rapid pace of change in medical devices, equipment and pharmaceuticals. To successfully counsel clients the Medical Device & Pharmaceutical Litigation Practice Group continually expands its wealth of knowledge in the areas of science, technology, and advances in medicine.
- Weinberg, Wheeler, Hudgins, Gunn & Dial successfully tried to verdict several individual cases in multiple jurisdictions for the manufacturer of female urinary incontinence devices resulting in successful resolution of all cases in a Multi-District Litigation settlement.
- The Firm currently serves as national trial and discovery counsel for the manufacturer of a coronary artery drug eluting stent.
- Weinberg, Wheeler, Hudgins, Gunn & Dial currently serves as National Coordinating Counsel for a manufacturer of a recalled over-the-counter laxative product.
- The Firm has represented manufacturers of end tidal CO2 monitors culminating in a successful trial result.
- Weinberg, Wheeler, Hudgins, Gunn & Dial has successfully defended manufacturers of over-the-counter and prescription weight loss medications.
- The Firm successfully tried a case on behalf of a manufacturer of a platinum microcoil used in the treatment of brain aneurysms that detached and migrated to the middle cerebral artery resulting in a serious stroke and permanent left-side paralysis resulting in a verdict of almost $575 million less than sought by Plaintiff and well with in the firm's predicted range.
- The Firm has represented manufacturers of products used in total knee and hip replacements.
- The Firm has represented multiple national and international manufacturers of medical devices that have been voluntarily recalled.
- The Firm has also represented clients who manufacture non-invasive medical devices such as Ambu bags, surgical lights, and surgical instrument sterilization solutions.
- The Firm represents manufacturers of hormone replacement therapies and vaccinations.