Environmental and Toxic Tort
Specialists in Toxic Tort Litigation
Toxic torts and environmental related claims are firmly ensconced in American civil litigation. Heightened emphasis on and awareness of our environment manifested in the "Green" movement will promote an increase in environmental related litigation. In preparation for an era of more claims and litigation, astute companies are augmenting their abilities to understand and manage environmental-related legal issues. The WWHGD Environmental Law Practice Group is ready and able to help.
Environmental Law Cases and Clients
Services provided by the Environmental Law Practice Group include:
- Representing product manufacturers and suppliers, contractors and property owners in claims involving alleged occupational and non-occupational exposures to a wide variety of toxicants including benzene, pesticides, fiberglass, formaldehyde, isocyanates, VOC's including several solvents, arsenic, tungsten cobalt and other heavy metals, PBB and PCB.
- Representing asbestos product manufacturers, suppliers and contractors in courts throughout the country, including serving as regional trial counsel for a major manufacturer of asbestos containing products.
- Serving as national coordinating defense counsel for a leading building products manufacturer regarding formaldehyde personal injury and property damage claims.
- Representing developers, contractors, property owners and managers and landlords in personal injury and property damage actions alleging sick building syndrome, building related illness and toxic mold.
- Representing property owners and managers in child lead poisoning claims.
- Representing builders, developers and land owners in Clean Water Act and related common law claims.
- Defending CERCLA, RCRA and related state litigation and administrative proceedings, and defending and prosecuting private contribution actions.
- Defending employers in OSHA administrative proceedings.
- L.U.S.T. compliance and litigation.
- Counseling businesses in state and federal regulatory compliance.
- Counseling businesses and municipalities in Brownfield administrative proceedings.
- Prosecuting and defending environmental insurance coverage claims and declaratory judgment actions.