Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial has significant experience defending consumer-driven litigation in virtually every business sector, including automotive, banking and financial services, consumer products and retail, food and drug, and insurance and warranty services.
Our lawyers have successfully defended nationwide class actions, state-only class actions, target and repetitive lawsuits and regulatory enforcement proceedings alleging violations of state and federal law, breach of warranty, deceptive trade practices, employment discrimination, fraud, false advertising, privacy and predatory lending.
We leveraged favorable settlements with the threat of trial, defeated class actions in early motions practice, overcame target lawsuits by defeating companion regulatory proceedings, and partnered with businesses to implement litigation-avoidance techniques.
Examples of our experience include:
- Defense of hundreds of consumer mass tort actions filed throughout the United States in foodborne illness cases.
- Defense of the nation’s largest automotive retailer in class actions and lawsuits filed across the United States.
- Defended more than 20 mining companies against thousands of claims in flood-related litigation. It is believed to be the largest mass tort litigation in West Virginia history. Personal injury and property damages alleged against all defendants was in excess of $200 million.
- Represented major drywall supplier in the first contested Chinese drywall jury trial in the United States. Defended Chinese drywall suppliers that were major targets of thousands of claimants in cases pending in the Florida state courts.
- Defended suppliers in the multi-district litigation (Eastern District of LA) involving numerous class actions and tens of thousands of plaintiffs. Prosecuted indemnity and other claims against foreign manufacturers.
- Defense of an international payment processor in lawsuits filed around the country in claims involving breach of contract, business torts and purported violations of federal law.
- Defeated class certification in nationwide class action filed in Georgia against automobile manufacturer alleging breach of contract, false advertising and negligent marketing.
- Defense of investment brokerage in NASD arbitration brought by customer who had lost over $1 million in the stock market.
- Defense of numerous automobile manufactures in more than 100 breach of warranty lawsuits filed in Georgia, Florida and other states, including trials, arbitrations and appeals.