Global Counsel in Construction Disputes
Weinberg, Wheeler, Hudgins, Gunn & Dial's Construction Litigation Practice Group represents general contractors, EPC contractors, owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, sureties and insurers. The group’s attorneys litigate cases for national and international clients.
The Construction Litigation Practice Group’s practice covers all aspects of the construction business, including contract drafting and negotiation, procurement advice, bid disputes and protests, non-insured commercial contract disputes, claims and request for equitable adjustment, insurance coverage, construction defects and losses for which insurance coverage is applicable, including bodily injury and property damage cases.
Weinberg, Wheeler, Hudgins, Gunn & Dial is listed by Chambers USA and the U.S. News World Report Best Law Firms as one of the leading construction law firms in Georgia and nationally. The Firm has significant experience in representing clients in substantial engineering and construction projects. These include:
- Major infrastructure and power projects
- High rise towers
- Hospitals and related medical facilities
- Deep tunnels
- Water and wastewater
- LNG liquefaction facilities
- Offshore energy platforms
- Government construction projects (federal, state and local)
- Projects related to national defense and the space program
- Residential condominium and apartment construction
- Pipeline construction
National and International Reach
Attorneys in the Construction Litigation Practice Group provide counsel in federal and state courts across the U.S. and have successfully litigated or arbitrated matters in all 50 states, Washington, D.C., Canada, Puerto Rico, The Bahamas and the Virgin Islands. The Construction Litigation Group has handled international cases in the Russian Federation, Australia, Malaysia, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, Egypt, Mexico, the UAE and throughout the Caribbean. The attorneys routinely appear as advocates and arbitrators in both domestic and international proceedings administered by the AAA, CPR, ICDR, ICC and LCIA.
Recent Construction Litigation Cases
- Obtained a $74 million settlement on behalf of a large public utility in a suit against a supplier of gas-fired combustion turbines.
- Successfully defended a design-builder’s engineering sub-consultant in a $70 million claim.
- Represented supplier of cableway crane system in a case involving a $70 million claim.
- Represented the architect, structural engineer and mechanical engineer in a $67 million claim by the general contractor involving the historic restoration and renovation of a courthouse.
- Represented the construction manager in a $60 million False Claims Act case.
- Obtained a $30 million arbitration award on behalf of the general contractor on the Liberty Place mixed-use project in Philadelphia.
- Obtained a $29 million jury verdict and judgment against a mechanical subcontractor and its surety on a large hospital project in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Obtained an $8.7 million arbitration award for a terminated contractor on a large hospital project in Los Angeles.
- Represented design professionals involved in the Central Artery Tunnel Project (the “Big Dig”) in Boston.
- Obtained a summary judgment for structural engineers in a multi-million dollar wrongful death case arising out of the death of an iron worker.
- Represented designers and engineers in a wrongful death case involving a crane collapse.
- Represents an architect in connection with claims of water infiltration.
- Successfully negotiated a $24 million settlement on behalf of a large metropolitan sewerage district against a national engineering firm.
- Procured a $50 million settlement on behalf of an international independent power producer in litigation against a major equipment supplier for two U.K. power projects.
- Alabama Supreme Court Confirms WWHGD’s Complete Victory on City of Huntsville’s Claims
- Renowned Atlanta Construction and Surety Attorney Joins WWHGD
- The Legal 500 Names WWHGD as a 2012 Top Ranking Law Firm
- Todd Ehrenreich and Lee Roberts Named Lawyer of the Year
- WWHGD Defeats $50 Million Cost Overrun Construction Lawsuit
- WWHGD Practice Areas Rank in U.S. News “Best Law Firms”
- WWHGD Ranked as a Best Law Firm
- WWHGD Ranked as a Best Law Firm
- WWHGD Ranks in Chambers USA 2012
- WWHGD Recognized in 2010 Chambers USA
- WWHGD Recognized in 2011 Chambers USA
- Bonnie, John
- Buhay, William
- Burkhalter, Lawrence
- Byrd, Christopher "Chris"
- DeBardeleben IV, Henry "Dee"
- Ehrenreich, Todd
- Flynn, John
- Friedman, Jonathan
- Ginsberg, Ross
- Gonzalez, Steven
- Hawkins, John "Jack"
- Johnson, Mark
- Larson, David
- Marrone, Matthew
- Matthews, David
- Menechino, Jr., John
- Missisian, Rosemary
- Moore, Patrick
- Moorman, J. Kenneth
- Panayotopoulos, Nicholas "Nick"
- Rapp, Stephen "Steve"
- Roberts Jr., D. Lee
- Russell, Howard
- Sexton, Michael "Mike"
- Smith, George Anthony "Tony"
- Spillis, Peter
- Stanley, S. Alan
- Swiger, Joshua "Josh"
- Thompson, Patrick "Pat"
- Tuggle, Amber
- Witzigreuter, Scott