Intellectual Property and Business Rights Litigation
In today’s increasingly sophisticated commercial environment, nothing is more vital to a business than protecting its valuable intellectual property. Whether it's asserting rights on behalf of our clients or defending claims asserted against them, Weinberg, Wheeler, Hudgins, Gunn & Dial’s Intellectual Property and Business Rights Litigation group takes pride in providing its clients with cost effective solutions to resolve complex intellectual property disputes, including matters involving trademark, copyright, or patent infringement, as well as licensing, trade secrets, deceptive trade practices, and false advertising claims. Our clients range from small “mom and pop” businesses to some of the largest manufacturing companies in the world. While we always prepare to take these cases to trial, we recognize that it is often in our clients’ best interests to resolve these matters through settlements.
The Firm’s attorneys have a range of backgrounds and education in a variety of technologies including civil engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, biology, medical sciences, medical device and pharmaceuticals. WWHGD has counseled clients on intellectual property issues in a variety of industries including construction, tourism, television, real estate, manufacturing, automotive, retail, medical products, textiles and services.
Representative Intellectual Property Cases
- Favorably settled a case involving a national travel agency in litigation arising from the use of the corporate trade name.
- Represented construction and restoration contractor in a service mark and trademark infringement suit involving the use of the corporate name; case was favorably resolved.
- Favorably settled a trademark infringement matter whereby the holder of a registered trademark paid our client to change the name of its start-up business.
- Currently representing an international model in right of publicity litigation arising from a health and beauty company's unauthorized use of her image in consumer advertising, marketing collateral and product packaging.
- Successfully defended and favorably settled for nominal sums multiple different copyright infringement cases arising from the allegedly unauthorized use of copyrighted photographs in advertising materials.
- Representing a Georgia architecture and engineering firm in a matter regarding copyright infringement of engineering drawings for an international construction project.
- Representing a national bridge construction company regarding a trademark infringement matter in which a non-profit entity attempted to use WWHGD's client's registered mark.
- Favorably settled deceptive trade practices, business misappropriation, and trade secrets claims asserted by a competitor of a client who provides physician recruitment services.