Stellar Success Record at Trial
For more than forty years, members of Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial's Medical Malpractice Group have been defending health care providers and facilities against claims of professional negligence and medical malpractice. The firm's attorneys have successfully represented the full spectrum of health care providers from hospitals to long term care facilities and from physicians to scrub techs. Our attorneys have handled a diverse range of malpractice issues including medical consent issues, professional conduct, provision of emergency services, fall out of bed cases, pressure ulcers and cases involving such hot button issues as brain damaged babies, comatose patients, loss of limb as well as those involving death and quadriplegia / paraplegia.
Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial is prepared to take any case to trial. The firm has successfully tried more than 150 medical malpractice cases in multiple states throughout the US.
Recent Medical Malpractice Cases
- Defense verdict for neurosurgeon in wrongful death action. The family of a deceased marathoner alleged improper follow up on a brain aneurysm.
- Defense verdict for general surgeon in case alleging medical negligence. Allegations included failure to diagnore significant abdominal obstruction with subsequent major peritonitis complications.
- Successful defense of obstetrician/gynecologist in alleged medical malpractice case alleging the wrongful death of a fetus.
- Favorable verdict for pathologist in a case alleging failure to read slide which indicated the presence of lunch cancer. Verdict was substantially below initial pretrial demand.
- Defense verdict for Atlanta cardiovascular thoracic surgeon in a wrongful death case.
- Defense verdict for cardiovascular surgeon in a medical malpractice suit. Plaintiff was rendered a paraplegic, allegedly as a result of laparoscopic procedure.
- Favorable result for a South Carolina home healthcare agency in claim alleging improper infusion of chemotherapy in a single day.
- Successful defense of an Illinois pathology lab for alleged failure to diagnose breast cancer.
- Favorable resolution of a claim against a hospital that an alleged narcotic overdose resulted in profound brain damage and a persistent vegetative state.
- June 29, 2017
- November 21, 2016
- Atlanta, GA, March 10, 2017
- Fairview Park Hospital, October 14, 2016
- Atlanta, GA, August 26, 2016