Y. Kevin Williams
Practice focuses on civil litigation with emphasis on catastrophic injury, product liability, professional negligence and premises liability. Has served as lead counsel in 146 jury trials and has litigated and resolved cases involving serious injury, including wrongful death and permanent brain injury in Arkansas, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, New Mexico, North Carolina, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Washington and West Virginia.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a case with quadruple deaths in Pennsylvania from carbon monoxide poisoning in a products liability action regarding a generator; lowest demand was $20 million.
- Defense verdict in premises liability negligence claim against shopping center security company in Kansas City following shooting on property; appeared in case three weeks before trial with plaintiffs' demand at $40 million. Case named as one of the Top 10 defense verdicts in the state.
- Successfully defended large convenience store chain in security case involving abduction, rape and murder of 26 year old single mother of three; appeared in case only one week before trial.
- Defense verdict for product manufacturer in Columbus, Ohio, in case involving defective coupler for crane that resulted in death.
- Defense verdict for boat manufacturer in carbon monoxide death case.
- Defense verdict for cardiovascular thoracic surgeon in Atlanta, Georgia, in alleged medical malpractice wrongful death case.
- Successfully defended international mining company in Georgia, in case involving multiple deaths and injuries.
- Successfully defended national trucking company in Kansas City, Missouri, in case involving catastrophic brain injury.
- Obtained a favorable verdict for international bottling company in Monticello, Arkansas, in case involving severe brain injury to young child and death to siblings.
- Obtained favorable verdict for nation's largest property management company in Memphis, Tennessee, in case involving young man rendered a quadriplegic.
Professional Activities and Honors
- Named to “Best Lawyers in America” for Personal Injury Litigation in 2013 and 2014
- Named 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 Georgia “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers and Atlanta magazines in the category of Civil Litigation Defense
- Trial victory named among “Defense Verdicts of 2006” by Missouri Lawyers Weekly.
- Named Best Attorneys in Georgia selected by peer recognition in Best Lawyers 2014
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Cobb County Bar Association
- Founding Board Member, Cobb County Justice Foundation
- Executive Board Member, State Bar of Georgia General Practice and Trial Section, 1990-1992
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
Admissions to Practice
- State Bar of Georgia
- U. S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U. S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U. S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U. S. District Court of New Jersey
- U. S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee
- B.A., with honors, University of Georgia, 1978
- J.D., Western New England College, 1981; Moot Court Team
- "Handling the Catastrophic Injury Case," The Daily Report's In-house Counsel CLE Seminar, July 25, 2013.
- Presented a seminar on carbon monoxide claims focused on "How Plaintiffs Present the Case, Experts and How to Defend"