Amber E. Tuggle
Practice focuses primarily on construction and commercial litigation, contracts, transportation and product liability. Represents design professionals, general contractors and subcontractors. Has litigated and resolved complex cases in Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Florida, Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky, West Virginia, Texas, South Carolina, Missouri, Nevada and Oregon.
- Handled arbitrations for construction clients as both claimants and respondents.
- Participated in trial of complex commercial case, defending toll manufacturer against multi-million dollar claims of major national chemical conglomerate.
- Negotiated contracts in construction and employment contexts.
- Successfully represented general contractor on fee-splitting arrangement and obtained directed verdict on high value counterclaim.
- In construction arbitration, successfully defended subcontractor against over $200,000 in claims and obtained $35,000 award in favor of client on counterclaim.
- Successfully resolved numerous cases on behalf of a national commercial motor carrier.
- Obtained defense verdict for individual design professional against claims of professional negligence and breach of contract brought by international construction firm.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Atlanta Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Admissions to Practice
- State Bar of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Middle and Northern Districts of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- B.A., Kent State University, 1994
- J.D., Walter F. George School of Law, Mercer University, 1999