Robert "Bob" G. Tanner
Practice focuses on civil litigation and administrative proceedings with emphasis on claims of professional negligence. Has litigated and resolved cases against medical professionals, hospitals and medical practice groups asserting claims of professional negligence, battery and negligent credentialing. Also has extensive experience defending attorneys and law firms in legal malpractice actions.
- Defense verdict for radiologist in medical malpractice action brought by patient alleging improper care of major abdominal abscess.
- Defense verdict for general surgeon in case alleging medical negligence by failing to diagnose significant abdominal obstruction with subsequent major peritonitis complications.
- Successfully defended obstetrician/gynecologist in alleged medical malpractice case alleging wrongful death of fetus.
- Obtained favorable verdict for pathologist in a case alleging failure to read slide indicating the presence of lung cancer; verdict substantially below pretrial demand.
- Defended international law firm in RICO fraud claim; obtained dismissal after extensive motions battle.
Professional Activities and Honors
- Named to “The Best Lawyers in America” in Personal Injury Litigation every year since 1995, in Commercial Law since 2008, and Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants since 2012
- Named Georgia “Super Lawyer” in Super Lawyers and Atlanta magazines for 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 in the category of Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Georgia Academy of Hospital Attorneys
Admissions to Practice
- State Bar of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- B.A., Virginia Military Institute, 1969
- J.D., cum laude, Wake Forest Law School, 1973
- Author of Stonewall in the Valley: Thomas J. Stonewall Jackson's Shenandoah Valley Campaign, Spring 1862, Pennsylvania: Stackpole Books, 1996.