Thomas J. Strueber
With more than 25 years experience before state, federal and appellate courts throughout the United States, Mr. Strueber heads the firm’s aviation practice group. He is a commercial pilot with instrument and multiengine ratings and holds an FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) mechanic’s license. He has been identified as one of Georgia’s “finest aviation specialists” and “comes highly recommended for his work on contract disputes, product liability, insurance coverage and lawsuits arising from accidents in the aviation industry” according to Who’s Who Legal 2007.
- Defense of aerospace product manufacturers.
- Regulatory counseling involving compliance with federal, state and international aviation regulations.
- NTSB investigations.
- Defense of innumerable general aviation accidents.
- Cases brought under the Montreal Convention.
- Defense of chemical liability claims resulting from agricultural aviation operations.
- Defense of charter operators under Part 135 of the FARs.
- Defense of foreign and domestic air carriers.
- Defense of multi-district litigation arising from aviation mass disasters.
- Defense and prosecution of claims arising from commercial aircraft transactions.
- Complex insurance coverage counseling and litigation.
Professional Activities and Honors
- Named to “Best Lawyers in America” for Insurance Law in 2014
- Named Georgia "Super Lawyer" by Super Lawyers and Atlanta magazines
- One of Georgia's "finest aviation specialists" according to Who's Who Legal 2007
- Past Director of the Aviation Insurance Association
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Atlanta Lawyers Club
- American Bar Association, Aviation and Space Law Committee of TIPS, Forum on Air and Space Law
- Aviation Insurance Association
- Georgia Bar Association, Aviation Law Section
- Illinois State Bar Association
- International Society of Air Safety Investigators
Admissions to Practice
- State Bar of Georgia
- Illinois State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- B.S., University of Illinois, 1972
- J.D., with distinction, The John Marshall Law School - Chicago, 1977