Frederick "Rick" N. Sager, Jr.
Civil litigation practice focuses on catastrophic injury, product liability, transportation related litigation and premises liability. Has litigated and resolved cases throughout the United States, including Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.
- Served as national coordinating counsel for national transportation company relating to wrongful death and personal injury cases throughout the U.S.
- Represented automotive manufacturers, automotive retailers, tire manufacturers, tire retailers, automotive component part manufacturers, waste transportation companies, national line haul bus companies and trucking companies.
- Represented various apartment complexes and businesses in premises liability related litigation.
Professional Activities and Honors
- Named to “Best Lawyers in America” for Personal Injury Litigation in 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Named as 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Transportation by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected as a 2013 Top Lawyer of Georgia by The National Law Journal
- Selected as a 2014 Top Lawyer of Georgia by The Atlanta Magazine
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Product Liability Advisory Council
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Trial Attorneys of America
- Defense Research Institute
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Atlanta Lawyers Club
Admissions to Practice
- State Bar of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Southern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- B.A., University of North Carolina, 1985
- J.D., Wake Forest University, 1988
- "Handling the Catastrophic Injury Case," The Daily Report's In-house Counsel CLE Seminar, July 25, 2013.