Claire C. Murray
Civil litigation practice focuses in the areas of professional liability, product liability, pharmaceuticals, medical device liability, premises liability and catastrophic tort injuries. Primarily represents hospitals and surgery centers throughout Georgia, including numerous wrongful death, personal injury and premises liability cases. Has also litigated cases in Florida, South Carolina, Nevada and California.
- Assisted in defense of major pipe manufacturer following catastrophic accident during transport, resulting in the death of eight people.
- Defense verdict in wrongful death claim against hospital in Fulton County, Georgia.
- Defense verdict in medical malpractice claim against surgery center in Fulton County, Georgia.
- Assisted in defense of international medical device manufacturer.
- Obtained dismissal of case against international weight loss product manufacturer, as a result of alleged ischemic event.
- Assisted in favorable settlement for pharmacy after dispensing drug allegedly resulting in paralysis.
- Represented hotels in cases involving allegations of violent crime.
Professional Activities and Honors
- Peter T. Fay Inn of Court
- Named 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 Georgia “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers and Atlanta magazines
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- State Bar of Georgia Formal Advisory Opinion Board, 2005-2009
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Atlanta Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Admissions to Practice
- State Bar of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- B.S., Chemistry, cum laude, University of Georgia 1996
- J.D., high honors, St. Thomas University School of Law, 2000