J. Kenneth Moorman
Civil litigation in both federal and state courts focusing on product liability, premises liability, construction defect claims, professional liability claims, insurance related litigation and a variety of other tort claims involving personal injury and property damage. Has tried over 140 jury cases and frequently serves as a mediator. Has handled over 40 cases in Georgia appellate courts.
- Defense verdict for major hotel in wrongful death action alleging negligence and intentional conduct by security guards.
- Defense verdict for manufacturer of chiropractor table which fell resulting in ruptured disc and multiple back operations.
- Defense verdict for golf cart manufacturer in claim by plaintiff for fractured skull, brain damage resulting from a towing accident.
- Defense verdict for manufacturer of overhead hoist in manufacturing facility involving brain damage claims.
- Defense verdict for apartment owner in federal court action for alleged sexual harassment.
- Defense verdict for major hotel in personal injury claim by plaintiff who fell from platform.
- Obtaining directed verdict for apartment owner in property damage claims arising from apartment fire.
- Defense verdict for CPA in case involving claims of accounting negligence.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Atlanta Bar Association Litigation Section Board of Directors, 1993-1999; Chair, 1997-1998
- American Bar Association
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association Board of Directors, 1992-1996; Trial Academy Instructor, 1994-1998
- Old War Horse Lawyers Club
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
Admissions to Practice
- State Bar of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- B.A., University of Virginia, 1963
- J.D., University of Virginia, 1966
- Frequent contributor to Georgia Defense Lawyers Association Journal.
- Faculty instructor, speaker at Trial Academies sponsored by Georgia Defense Lawyers Association.
- Speaker at Insurance Law Institute seminars, Trial Advocacy in Georgia seminar, Network of Trial Law Firms seminars and Trial Judges of Georgia conference.