Mark R. Johnson
Practice focuses on civil litigation with emphasis on catastrophic injury, product liability, transportation litigation, construction litigation and premises liability. Has litigated and resolved cases involving serious injury and wrongful death in California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina and Tennessee.
- Obtained judgment for forklift manufacturer in federal court in alleged defective product wrongful death action.
- Assisted in defense of national transportation company in Winchester, Tennessee, after bus driver was attacked by passenger resulting in numerous deaths to passengers and rendering Plaintiff a paraplegic; verdict below pre-trial demand.
- Successfully defended builder in Cobb County, Georgia, in professional negligence case where Plaintiff's home suffered significant water infiltration and mold infestation.
- Successfully defended tire manufacturer in federal court in alleged product defect case involving death and two permanently brain injured children.
- Obtained defense verdict for bucket truck manufacturer in case involving catastrophic injuries.
- Represented various apartment complexes and businesses in premises liability related litigation.
Professional Activities and Honors
- Named 2012 Georgia “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers magazine
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
Admissions to Practice
- State Bar of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- B.A., Mercer University, 1998
- J.D., Walter F. George School of Law, Mercer University, 2001