John "Jack" M. Hawkins
Practice focuses on civil litigation, representing product manufacturers, builders and other entities in cases involving product liability, foodborne illness, construction, general liability and commercial litigation in courts and arbitration tribunals throughout the country.
- Represent growers and processors in cases all over the country alleging E. coli contamination.
- National trial counsel for company that manufactures flammable waterproofing products.
- Jury verdict for automobile dealership client in 15 minutes in case alleging violation of warranties and Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act.
- Defense verdict for clients (hospital and nurse) in malpractice case alleging improper discharge instructions following shoulder surgery.
- Directed verdict for client automobile dealership in case alleging malicious prosecution; upheld on appeal.
- All personal injury claims dismissed by court prior to trial against client insurance company in case alleging personal injury relating to mold exposure; subsequent summary judgment on all claims against client upheld on appeal.
- Jury verdict of one-fifth damages sought by Plaintiffs in wrongful death case against client product manufacturer.
- Extensive experience successfully representing clients before appeals courts.
- Substantial experience successfully arbitrating actions filed by homeowners against client builders alleging defective construction and confirming arbitration awards in trial and appellate courts.
- Served as arbitrator in numerous commercial disputes.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Atlanta Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Former Staff Attorney, the late Hon. Rowland W. Barnes, Fulton County Superior Court
Admissions to Practice
- State Bar of Georgia (including all state trial and appellate courts)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- B.A., cum laude, Political Science, Furman University, 1995
- J.D., Georgia State University College of Law, 1998; Moot Court Board