Lindsay M. Gatling
Practice focuses on civil litigation with emphasis on transportation litigation, product liability and premises liability. Has assisted in litigating and resolving cases involving serious injury and wrongful death in Georgia, Florida, Indiana, Missouri, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee and West Virginia.
- Obtained verdict (in a jury trial in federal court) on behalf of large equipment rental company in indemnification suit/cross-claim against customer.
- Represented various apartment complexes, property management companies, security companies, restaurant chains and other businesses in premises liability related litigation.
- Represented product manufacturers, heavy equipment rental companies, waste transportation companies and trucking companies in cases involving death and catastrophic injuries.
- Obtained defense verdict for bucket truck manufacturer in bench trial involving cross-claim for indemnification brought by end product manufacturer.
- Assisted in defense of national transportation company in Winchester, Tennessee, after bus driver attacked by a passenger, resulting in numerous passenger deaths and rendering plaintiff paraplegic. Verdict below pre-trial demand.
- Assisted in defense of chemical manufacturer against charges that product caused an explosion injuring and killing 30 people.
Professional Activities and Honors
- Named 2011 Georgia "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers magazine
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Defense Research Institute
- Atlanta Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Admissions to Practice
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- B.A., cum laude, Washington and Lee University, 2000
- J.D., cum laude, University of Georgia, 2004
- "Lessons Learned in Aerial Lift/Equipment Rentals," International Powered Access Federation (IPAF), US Convention, October 2012.
- "Lessons Learned in Aerial Lift/Equipment Rentals," Scaffold & Access Industry Association (SAIA) 2012 Annual Convention on behalf of the Aerial Work Platform Council, July 2012.