John T. Flynn
Practice focuses primarily on construction contract and government contract disputes. Has represented owners, architects, engineers, prime contractors and subcontractors in various state and federal courts and before the various Boards of Contract Appeals, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, Government Accountability Office and Small Business Administration. Has represented clients throughout the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Italy and Honduras.
- Successfully defended design professionals in $75 million dispute over the adequacy of design of bridge in Charleston, SC.
- Obtained favorable settlement for designers of power plant in Puerto Rico in $50 million dispute with major U.S. energy corporation over changes to design.
- Successfully resolved termination for default case on behalf of Italian contractor involving construction of a federal detention center in Miami and obtained $22 million settlement from U.S. Department of Justice.
- Successfully represented Georgia Air National Guard in dispute arising out of $130 million construction of new facility at Robins Air Force Base (Warner Robins, Georgia) to house B-1 Bomber Wing.
- Represented numerous contractors in Hawaii, Alabama, Arizona and California in disputes over multi-million dollar hospital renovation projects.
Professional Activities and Honors
- Retired Colonel, U.S. Air Force Reserve
- Named Georgia “Super Lawyer” in Super Lawyers and Atlanta magazines for 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 in the category of Construction Litigation.
- Named to “The Best Lawyers in America" in Construction Law for 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Named Georgia "Best Lawyers" in Construction Law for 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Named top Business Lawyer by Chambers USA in its annual listing of “America’s Leading Business Lawyers" for 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- Fellow - Litigation Counsel of America
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Public Contract Law Section
Admissions to Practice
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Arizona
- The Florida Bar
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Southern, Northern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- B.A., Texas Tech University, 1968
- J.D., University of Texas, 1970
- LL.M., Government Contract Law, George Washington University, 1977
- “Patent Infringements: The Composition of Reasonable and Entire Compensation Under 28 U.S.C. 1498,” The Air Force Law Review (1978).
- “The Rule Contra Proferentum in the Government Contract Interpretation Process,” Public Contract Law Journal (1980).