Todd R. Ehrenreich
Practice focuses on civil litigation with an emphasis on catastrophic personal injury, ranging from traumatic brain injury to wrongful death; professional negligence, including doctors, nurses and dentists; product liability; architectural and engineering liability claims and premises liability. Has litigated national and state class action suits. Has tried over 40 cases in courts throughout Florida. Has represented clients in almost every district in Florida and in other states. Has achieved favorable results and defense verdicts in many high-profile, catastrophic injury cases.
- Received defense verdict in premises liability case in which property owner client was charged with failure to warn after a homeowner allegedly fell to his death on the property's rocky, steep terrain.
- Represented drywall supplier in the first contested Chinese drywall jury trial in the United States, as well as the target Defendant for the South Florida claims in a class action of over 100 Defendants and 2,000 homeowner Plaintiffs.
- Received defense verdict in trucking case where Plaintiff suffered partial paralysis in a truck and car accident.
- Received defense verdict in wrongful death case brought by the estate of a heavy equipment operator who was crushed to death when the paving machine he was operating rolled down an embankment. The decedent left a wife and seven children. Plaintiff's last demand during trial was $17 million.
- Serves as trial counsel for excess claims division of one of world's largest insurance firms in catastrophic personal injury litigation.
- Representing transportation company and driver after tragic collision involving tractor-trailer, car and school bus, resulting in deaths of several minors; involves more than 15 separate personal injury suits.
- Defended the third largest processor in the U.S. poultry industry after delivery truck collided with SUV; allegations of a traumatic brain injury were not proven and plaintiff's eight figure demand was reduced to an award in the amount of the primary layer of insurance coverage.
- Successfully represented several trucking carriers to verdict in districts throughout Florida
Professional Activities and Honors
- Named 2011, 2012 and 2013 Florida Super Lawyer in the category of Personal Injury Defense: General
- Named to “Best Lawyers in America” for Mass Tort Litigation in 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Named Best Lawyers' Miami Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions - Defendants Lawyer of the Year 2013
- 2012 and 2013 Top Lawyer in South Florida Legal Guide
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- American Board of Trial Advocates, 2008-present
- Dade County Bar Association, Committee on Civil Procedure, 1997-1999
- The Florida Bar, Rules of Evidence Committee, 1997-1999
Admissions to Practice
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- B.A., Colgate University, 1986
- M.S., St. Thomas University, 1988
- J.D., University of Miami, 1992