Christopher "Chris" T. Byrd
Practice focuses on civil litigation, representing clients in both state and federal courts in claims of wrongful death, product liability, premises liability, breach of contract, mass and complex torts, and construction law. Has represented clients in more than 10 states throughout the country.
- Represented fire truck manufacturer in catastrophic injury litigation, resulting in jury verdict millions less than plaintiff's pre-verdict demand.
- Obtained defense verdict for solid waste disposal management company in personal injury case involving garbage truck collision.
- Obtained defense verdict for houseboat manufacturer in alleged carbon monoxide related wrongful death action.
- After appearance in case by quadriplegic against security company for purposes of re-trying case after mistrial, obtained summary judgment on numerous claims and settled the sole remaining claim for tens of millions less than original jury verdict.
- Represented apartment complex in premises liability matter involving catastrophic injury, resulting in jury verdict millions less than plaintiff's pre-verdict demand.
- Represented resort hotel, generator manufacturer and boat manufacturers in carbon monoxide death cases.
- Represents security companies and landowners in premises liability and third-party crime cases.
- Successfully argued before the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals to extricate client from federal litigation.
Professional Activities and Honors
- Named 2006, 2007, 2011 and 2012 Georgia “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers magazine
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Atlanta Bar Association
Admissions to Practice
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Nevada
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- B.S., University of Georgia, 1994
- J.D., cum laude, Drake University Law School, 1998; Order of the Coif, Drake Law Review, Am Jur Awards: Ethics, Criminal Practice & Procedure