William C. Buhay
Practice ranges from tort and product liability defense, including personal and catastrophic injury, to construction and commercial litigation, including real estate, environmental, breach of contract, and intellectual property. Bill has litigated cases throughout the United States.
- National real estate and commercial litigation counsel for the country's largest commercial mortgage backed securities special service.
- Served as national discovery counsel for the world's largest home improvement chain and second-largest retailer in the U.S.
- Defended chemical manufacturer against charges its product caused an explosion injuring and killing 30 people.
- Successfully settled twelve personal injury and wrongful death cases arising out of a multivehicle trucking accident.
- Defended national tire and auto repair retailer from multiple negligent maintenance wrongful death claims.
- Drafted and negotiated construction contracts for multi-use development (condos, townhomes, hotel, restaurant) in the Buckhead business district in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Represents one of the largest retailers of men's business attire in the U.S. and Canada in commercial and intellectual property matters.
- Successfully defended major chemical manufacturers in CERCLA and HSRA environmental claims.
- Successfully resolved copyright and trademark infringement claims for international motorcycle and personal watercraft manufacturer and for local automobile retailer.
Professional Activities and Honors
- Named as 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Mass Torts by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Cobb County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Admissions to Practice
- State Bar of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- B.S., Auburn University, 1990
- J.D., cum laude, University of Georgia, 1996
- "A Lawyer's Look at the Alabama Department of Transportation's Standard Specifications for Highway Construction," June 2010.
- "Building The Case: Real Life CSI; Litigating the Wrongful Death Claim in Georgia," April 2005.
- "Designing Effective Credit Application, Purchase Orders, and Invoices: The Three Things You Should Always Do," Cobb County Chamber of Commerce, July 2000.
- Real Estate Litigation
- Catastrophic Injury
- Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property and Business Rights Litigation
- Environmental and Toxic Tort
- Product Liability Litigation
- Professional Liability Litigation
- Transportation Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Firearms and Non-Powder Firearms
- Premises Liability
- Foodborne Illness Litigation
- Surety and Bond Practice