Seth V. Alhadeff
Concentrates practice in insurance law, construction law, securities law and criminal law. Has focused on the evaluation, litigation, and resolution of a diverse range of coverage disputes, including mediations, arbitrations, and trials. Began his legal career as an assistant state attorney at the Miami-Dade County State Attorney’s Office where he tried more than 50 bench trials and 20 jury trials.
- Represented drywall supplier in South Florida relating to claims in a class action of over 100 defendants and 2,000 homeowners.
- Received defense verdict in premises liability action for international fine dining establishment.
- Represented large general contractors in cases concerning construction defects.
- Represented numerous design professionals in cases concerning design defects.
- Obtained favorable settlement for large insurance client in property damage dispute where claim exceeded $50 million.
- Represented major broker-dealers in customer-initiated complaints in court and arbitration.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association
Admissions to Practice
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
- B.A., Colgate University, 1998
- J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law of Yeshiva University, 2001
- Client Alert: Florida Supreme Court Downsizes the Economic Loss Rule, March 12, 2013.